Dragonflies, Damselflies and Spiders

On: Aug 7, 2009

I have taken a few pictures of spiders, so if you do not like spiders, I don't recommend my Bugs Gallery.















I recently found out the difference between a dragonfly and a damselfly. For a long time I thought damselflies were young dragonflies.
Dragonflies are typically larger than damselflies and when resting keep their wings out to the side or pointed forward. Damselflies keep their wings back along their bodies and their eyes are clearly separated.

1 comments on "Dragonflies, Damselflies and Spiders"

A Writing Strawberry said...

Its amazing that you got such good shots of such small insects!

Did you know I'm kinda freaked out by dragonflies?? laugh all you want, but its the way they fly. learn something new about Carrisa everyday! *pushes up nerd glasses on bridge of nose*